A Hot Company Blog

Author: Capt. Hindsight /

Though it doesn't come up very often on this site, I am a huge nerd. Sure, I like comic books and getting swirlies in the High School restroom, but who doesn't? Where I really stand out is that I still like toys. I'm not talking about G.I. Joes or anything, though. I like high quality collectible figures, particularly those made by Hot Toys. They make some of the greatest looking figures I have ever seen, but they come at a hefty price. With products constantly coming in at over $100, it is important to keep your dedicated fans involved in the behind-the-scenes work, so they know they are getting the best.
Hot Toy's blog does not update very often, maybe once every two weeks, but when it does, it is often something fans will really care about. Recently they showed off the final headsculpt for their new Dark Knight Joker figure.
For people paying nearly $200, this is something very important.
They also show off important new features.
Hot Toys does more than just promote their products, though. Recently, their John Conner figures shipped with headsculpts that were nowhere near as good as early photos indicated. They announced that not only would they replace any sub-par head, but that from then on, they would make all headsculpts out of a different material, that would allow for more accurate portraits.
When working with high-end figures, it is important to keep fans happy, and Hot Toys knows how to do just that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment